Haas TCM provides for continuous internal testing
of alternate materials by our Research and Development team. The
reasons for this testing include health and safety issues, reduction
of hazardous materials, VOCs, HAPs and waste, cost reductions, performance
improvements, product consolidations, emergency second sourcing,
minority sourcing, or any combinations of these. Once a material
has been demonstrated to show a distinct advantage, it will be presented
to the chemical management committee before any new materials enter
No material or process change recommendation will
be submitted before it has demonstrated at least equal performance
to the material or process in use and demonstrates a significant
advantage consistent with the goals of the Chemical Management Program.
The starting point for any product or process change begins with
a Business Case Analysis in conjunction with environmental priorities.
All materials and processes will be subject to the Ten Step Approval
The following process may be modified to meet
the needs of any of our diverse customers.
1. Submit a preliminary technical and business
proposal to a customer’s committee outlining benefits of the
2. Review impact with key plant personnel and
3. Provide required MSDS with 100% disclosure
4. Initiate hazardous material review with
the plant and submit product for corporate approval and purchasing
5. Conduct necessary training for safe use.
6. Coordinate evaluation ensuring performance
measurements are obtained.
7. Provide documentation of trial to committee
and plant personnel and present the final business case.
8. Review need for additional larger scale
9. Prepare implementation and coordinate as
10. Monitor performance to insure expected